Congratulations...You've signed up with the fastest growing track day organization in the country and America's only track day affiliate for the American Motorcyclist Association and now you need to get your bike ready. Below is a comprehensive list of things you will need to do and have before coming out. If you are missing something or need help you can contact one of our amazing vendors and help support local small businesses.
BASIC STREET BIKE & MINI BIKE TRACK PREP
We have 4 groups for different levels of riding so your bike will be fine. Here is a list of things that need to be done to have your bike ready:
- Remove license plate
- Remove mirrors or tape them
- Tape all lights
- Remove brake light fuse if possible
- Replace coolant with Engine Ice or water, or water wetter
- Remove or zip tie rear foot pegs
- Check all fasteners and tighten if necessary
- Wash motorcycle( This makes it easier to see leaks)
- Make sure your chain is properly adjusted. To tight or to loose and you will need to do it at the track and that's no fun.
- We require safety wiring oil filters to prevent leaks on track when attending ALL CCS race weekend events. For details on how, contact your local shop or Legacy for guidance.
- If attending our CCS/Legacy Track Day Saturday contact a local shop for CCS safety wiring guidelines. You will get a waive for the first time, but will be required to have it done the next time. This is a good practice for all sport bikes, track & street, as it helps prevent loosening bolts, coolant, and oil spills.
- Always bring a clean motorcycle to the track. This makes it easier for us to inspect your bike before going out on the track.
PROPER SAFETY GEAR
- Full face helmet
- 1 piece or 2 piece zipped together leathers
- Gauntlet Gloves (Gloves that go past the wrist)
- Motorcycle boots( Boots that go above the ankle and are designed for high impact)
Our lunchtime street ride is very popular for people who are coming to spectate. This is a free 2 laps around the course led by myself and another coach under 50 mph. This is to show you why we love the track so much and keep coming back. This is a free promotion!!! There will be NO STUNTING OR PASSING during this activity or you will be ejected from the event. This is for your safety and for those around you. This will only happen at select events.
Here is a list of the gear you will need to have on to participate in the Street Ride
PROPER SAFETY GEAR FOR OUR LUNCHTIME STREET RIDE (When Available)
TWO UPS ARE ALLOWED AS LONG AS YOUR PASSENGER IS ALSO WEARING FULL PROPER STREET OR TRACK GEAR ACCORDING TO THE RULES OF THE SESSION YOU ARE RIDING IN!
- Full face helmet
- 1 piece or 2 piece zip together leathers
- or jeans
- Gauntlet Gloves or street gloves
- Motorcycle boots( Boots that go above the ankle and are designed for high impact) or closed toe shoes or boots